Looking for a fully-functioning best bass trombone mouthpiece that comes at a great price and quality? The best trombone mouthpiece for high notes is very essential part of every trombone. The instrument cannot be played without the mouthpiece. However, as a trombone owner there will be need for you to shop for a mouthpiece and during this process you will find out that there are a number of mouthpiece to choose from in the market. So, you probably ask yourself what’s the difference between these trombone mouthpieces and how will you know which one is best for you.
Furthermore, the mouthpiece can differ from one manufacturer to another, even if they address the same type of trombone, so it is worth checking their details before making a purchase.
Stress no further as we have come up with this article to help you in the process of choosing the best trombone mouthpiece for high notes.
List of Top 10 Best Trombone Mouthpiece for High Notes
- List of Top 10 Best Trombone Mouthpiece for High Notes
- 1. PInstrument Plastic pBone Trombone – Mouthpieces and Carrying Bag – Bb Authentic Sound for Student & Beginner – Durable ABS Construction – Black
- 2. Glory Silver Plated Bb Trumpet Mouthpiece, 7c
- 3. Glory Professonal Silver Plated Trombone Mouthpiece 12c
- 4. Cecilio Trombone Mouthpiece, 12C, Silver Plated
- 5. Brasstache – Clip-on Mustache for Large Shank Trombone or Euphonium Mouthpiece
- 6. EastRock Trumpet Brass Standard Bb Trumpet Set for Beginner, Student with Hard Case, Gloves, 7C Mouthpiece, Trumpet Cleaning Kit(Black)
- 7. 3 Pack Trumpet Mouthpieces (3C 5C 7C) with Lightweight Aluminum Practice Trumpet Mute Silencer Fit for Yamaha Bach Conn King Replacement Musical Instruments Accessories, Silver
- 8. Mendini by Cecilio Bb Intermediate Tenor Slide Trombone Includes 1 Year Warranty, Tuner, Case, and More (with F Trigger (no pocketbook))
- 9. Yamaha YAC Signature Series Douglas Yeo Bass Trombone Mouthpiece with Gold-Plated Rim/Cup
- 10. Paititi Silver Plated Bb 3C Trumpet Mouthpiece
- Buying guide:
- Final verdict
1. PInstrument Plastic pBone Trombone – Mouthpieces and Carrying Bag – Bb Authentic Sound for Student & Beginner – Durable ABS Construction – Black
Half the weight of a brass trombone, the pBone is easy to play and hold resulting in good form and allowing an enjoyable practice or lesson. The ergonomic grip is perfect for hands of any size making it a student’s go-to musical instrument. Maintenance free! The pBone has a unique antimicrobial design and works straight out of the box and it includes two mouthpieces and a fabric carrying case which provides safe storage and is easy to carry to school or lessons.
- Tone: Bb.
- Bore: 0.500″
- Bell Size: 8.5 inch.
- Mouthpiece: 12c Sized Small Shank Matching Colored
- Blue Bb Tenor Plastic Trombones:
- Available in 7 bright colors’ and 4 metallic finishes
Pros: Simple design great for starting out and durable construction
Cons: Not recommended beyond the beginner level
2. Glory Silver Plated Bb Trumpet Mouthpiece, 7c
- Item weight: 3.2 ounces
- Color: 7c
- ASIN: B00P2EKMFC
- Material: Brass
Pros: Sounds great -Looks great -Affordable -Lots of compliments.
Cons: Hard to play if you are a beginner.
3. Glory Professonal Silver Plated Trombone Mouthpiece 12c
It is silver plated which gives it a shiny and gorgeous look, guaranteed to make you stand out and make you feel more confident in your own skills. It is built using the latest computer-aided design system which means that each mouthpiece is built precisely and finding a flaw in the design is out of the question.
- New with good quality
- Silver Plated.
- Silver Trombone Alto Mouthpiece Bb
Pros: it’s a beautiful 12C mouthpiece. It plays well, affordable and ideal for beginner.
Cons: The unit has a small shank and, thus, does not fit all types of trombones; therefore, check its size carefully before ordering.
4. Cecilio Trombone Mouthpiece, 12C, Silver Plated
The quality of silver plating on these models has also been significantly improved. Aimed at progressing players, this mouthpiece provides an affordable step-up option for players looking to upgrade their mouthpiece.
- Silver Plated Trombone Mouthpiece
- Size: 12C
- Overall length: 79.50mm
- Shank diameter: 11.00mm,
- Shank length: 34.50mm
- Cup diameter: 25.70mm,
- Rim diameter: 38.00mm
Pros: this mouthpiece plays well. Affordable and Ideal for beginner
Cons: size is small.
5. Brasstache – Clip-on Mustache for Large Shank Trombone or Euphonium Mouthpiece
- Item weight: 0.6 ounces
- ASIN: B07P5BYYB6
- Package Dimensions: 3.7 x 3.2 x 0.4 inches
Pros: It’s amazing and the mustache on it is really good for fun.
Cons: Not a good Adult Gag Gift as this is small hard plastic and looks like a kid’s toy.
6. EastRock Trumpet Brass Standard Bb Trumpet Set for Beginner, Student with Hard Case, Gloves, 7C Mouthpiece, Trumpet Cleaning Kit(Black)
- Item Weight: 5.85 pounds
- Package Dimensions: 22.95 x 11.61 x 7.68 inches
- ASIN: B07XYL7MGL
- Color: Black
Pros: This is a nice student trumpet. It has a bright, powerful tone (but very mouthpiece dependent). Also, with the right mouthpiece intonation improves.
Cons: The tone quality isn’t great, but the valve action suits after sometime the gunk produced in the valve.
7. 3 Pack Trumpet Mouthpieces (3C 5C 7C) with Lightweight Aluminum Practice Trumpet Mute Silencer Fit for Yamaha Bach Conn King Replacement Musical Instruments Accessories, Silver
- Color: Silver
- Material: Brass
- Size: 7c, 5c, 3c
- Weight: 0.2 kg
Pros: Fantastic product. These are of good quality mouthpiece you can get for this money and these are actually brilliant.
Cons: good value for beginners to replace lost mouthpieces.
8. Mendini by Cecilio Bb Intermediate Tenor Slide Trombone Includes 1 Year Warranty, Tuner, Case, and More (with F Trigger (no pocketbook))
- Item Weight: 13 pounds
- ASIN: B0053L4S18
- Product Dimensions: 42 x 17 x 15 inches
- Item model number: MTB-31+92D
Pros: The price is very good, and it came with a few worthless accessories that made my son feel important and really good about our purchase. The instrument sounds good.
Cons: The slide does not glide quietly on the instrument as he changes notes. The case has some black rubber feet that starting falling off within the first few months of ownership.
9. Yamaha YAC Signature Series Douglas Yeo Bass Trombone Mouthpiece with Gold-Plated Rim/Cup
The semi-flat contour will make it easy to use the mouthpiece as you will be able to comfortably mold your lips around the edges of the instrument. This mouthpiece is above average and you will love it. This best trombone mouthpiece for high notes has the specifications with pros and cons as bellow:
- Item Weight: 4 ounces
- ASIN: B00145E9VQ
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 1.8 x 1.8 inches
- Item model number: YAC YEO
Pros: This mouthpiece is comfortable and produces a nice dark tone. It plays well both in the lower and medium registers.
10. Paititi Silver Plated Bb 3C Trumpet Mouthpiece
- Item Weight: 2 Grams
- ASIN: B0147TRC0K
- Length: 7 cm
- width: 1 cm
- height: 1 cm
- Cup: Medium
Pros: great sound quality looks great and affordable.
Cons: Hard to play if you are a beginner
Before you buy your product, you will have to know beforehand the size of your trombone. This is a crucial step because unless you choose accordingly, you risk getting a mouthpiece that will not fit well. Always make sure that your purchase is compatible with your music products.
When shopping for a new mouthpiece, one of the first things you should consider is the material that your option is made of. Different materials have different properties, which mean that your choice can influence the sound, allowing players to select the sound that they want to produce.
Quality and accessories:
When buying any product it is also important that you get something that will not only sound great, but that will also last you for a very long time. One way of making sure that you make a good choice is by picking a reputable brand.
The shape matters:
Brass instruments and the trombone too will need different types of mouthpieces depending on the context a player is using the trombone. This is where shape comes into play. For that purpose, in an orchestra, the trombone should blend in with the other instruments, and as a result, it needs to be able to create a rich sound, one that fits well with the rest of the arrangement.
When buying a mouthpiece:
Whenever you’re looking for a new mouthpiece, don’t forget to take the instrument with you, so you can actually test the mouthpiece. It’s always a good choice to bring your own instrument because you already know how it sounds and the only thing that changes is the mouthpiece.
Another thing that you need when buying the best trombone mouthpiece for high notes is a piece of music to test the extremes and the range of the new mouthpiece.
No matter how we put it, the mouthpiece is an essential part of every trombone. Purchasing a new mouthpiece is not the easiest thing in the world to do as there is no such thing as the ‘perfect’ mouthpiece. Therefore, we hope this article will help you in choosing the best trombone mouthpiece for high notes.